Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQ'S
We are focused on the health and safety of you, our patient amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Following the recommendations from the NCDHHS, CDC & the ADA (American Dental Association), Colonnade Dental is now operating with additional increased measures to protect the patients we treat as well as our team members.
Safety has always been a top priority at Colonnade Dental, but with COVID-19 it will be emphasized even more. Please be patient with our new protocols; it is for the safety of everyone.
1. Please do NOT arrive early, the reception area has limited seating due to social distancing protocols. Please arrive at your appointment time.
2. Please do NOT bring guests to your appointment. They will be asked to wait outside to minimize the spread & risk to scheduled patients.
3. Please do NOT wear gloves inside our building. Gloves are for single use only, due to cross-contamination you will be asked to remove them once inside our building.
4. Please complete the forms you have been texted about ahead of your appointment. We are minimizing the risk of spread and creating a contactless environment.
5. Please do NOT come into the office to schedule an appointment. You may request a call to schedule via our website or call our office to schedule.
If you are suffering from any of the following symptoms:
-- fatigue (new & unusual)
-- shortness of breath (new & unusual)
we respectfully ask that you seek care from a medical provider or hospital.
As per our previous protocol, patients will be confirmed via text/email/phone call for their upcoming appointments. When the patient arrives in our office on the day of their appointment, they will receive a Covid19 Screening Questionnaire via text or email. Please complete and submit asap. Upon entry into our office, a staff member will perform a contactless temperature check, in order to be seen the threshold is below 100 degrees per the CDC guidelines. Please ensure you are not sitting in your hot car on very sunny days for a lengthy period of time since this may raise your temperature above the allowable threshold.
Colonnade Dental is asking all patients to wear a mask when interacting with our staff. Should you not have a mask, we can provide you with one. For your safety and the safety of our team members, Colonnade Dental will require all employees to wear masks when interacting closely with patients.
Colonnade Dental has always operated offices with strict guidelines for universal precautions to protect our patients and staff from infectious diseases. We are continuing our high standards to help aid in the health and safety of you and our entire team. We are honored to be able to treat and care for you.
Thank you Dr. Stephenson & Staff